Tuesday October 15, a 7.2 Magnitude earthquake hit Visayas and Mindanao which took lives and destroyed houses, roads and historical churches.
According to Phivolcs the following intensities were felt:
- Intensity VII (Destructive) – Tagbilaran, Bohol
- Intensity VI (Very Strong) – Hinigaran, Negros Occidental
- Intensity V (Strong) – Iloilo City; La Carlota, Negros Occidental
- Intensity IV (Moderately Strong) – Masbate City; Roxas City; San Jose, Culasi, Antique; Guihulngan, Negros Oriental
- Intensity III (Weak) – Davao City
Due to this quake, classes in the following day have been suspended in both Bohol and Cebu. Some flights have been cancelled and as well as all sea travels to and from Bohol, Cebu and Siquijor.
Below are a few images of the quake effects.
According to the abs-cbnnews.com at least 20 people died after this sad incident in the country.
Please spend even a minute of your time to offer a prayer to all the victims of this calamity.